Followers

Giving to Guatemala

Friday, September 12, 2008

Update on Gary

Gary Wayne's surgery went wonderful. He got his new heart and was awake and talking last night. This is a huge answer to prayer. As long as the heart works with his body, he should be able to live a much more normal life than he's been living. I can't imagine what he has gone through the past year or so. Not knowing if his heart was going to give out on him in a blink of an eye. I'm so thankful for God's hand in this. If it were not for Him, Gary would not be alive. I know that for awhile I struggled with the fact of WHY. Why was my friend, who was only 19 at the time, only have a 5% chance of life? It was hard to imagine. We grew up together. Went to the same church our entire lives and were the same age. It was crazy. We weren't supposed to have heart failure. But it happened, and it made me put more faith in God.

Thank you all so much for your prayers during this time.

0 comments: